Tuesday 10 February 2009

Oh I so didn't want to know that, no.94

Yasmin Alibhai-Brown, on video, 'sharing' her urinary incontinence.

To save you the distress of watching it, she's discussing being questioned by anti-terrorist police at an airport. She doesn't explain why she was so scared, only that she was: so scared that she 'peed in my pants'.*

Sorry, YAB, this is a case of the boy who cried wolf. You've played the professional victim for so long - for Chrissakes, you've made a successful career out of it, thanks to the strange decision to employ you at the Independent - that despite being a staunch defender of civil liberties against New Labour's attacks, I just don't buy it. As it stands, this is a less a case of the heroic Yasmin being bullied by fascistic bully boys, and more a middle aged woman who needs to do some pelvic floor exercises.

*that is, her pants. Let me be perfectly clear about this. To the best of my knowledge, Yasmin Alibhai-Brown has never - never I say - peed in my pants.

No comments: